Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fun Family Night

Yesterday we jumped in the truck just to go run an errand and ended up having a great night. First of all, we have no t.v. service so the kids have been watching movies and they have watched every movie we have several times. So Skip decided that we should go to the Bargain Basement to find some cheap used movies for the kids. Now, I love the D.I. and can spend many hours there, but the Bargain Basement is amazing. Seriously, I wish my mom and sisters were here to dig through that place with me because there are some treasures in that place. Unlike the D.I., it is not very picked over. I found this old chest that I know wouldn't have lasted one minute in St. George. Unfortunately, I don't have room to buy up the place or I would have! Anyway, after we left there, we were driving down the road and the Peninsula Oilers baseball team mascot was out on the street advertising a game for the night. We thought it might be fun because we miss hanging out with Tyler and Charlene at the Road Runner games so Skip pulled up the info on his phone to see how much it cost and it was free admission for the night. We were really excited and decided we better hurry and get there cause it would probably be pretty busy. After a quick run through McDonalds drive thru, we made it to the field and to my surpise there weren't a million people there. Come to find out every night is free admission except Tuesday 2 for 1! We did have a fun time. Kennedy loved the mascot even though we can't figure out what the heck it is, Hailey got a broken bat, and the people watching here is always interesting! I am sad to say that I didn't have my camera so these pics are just lame!

Hailey with her bat.

Does anyone know what the heck this is? I think it is supposed to be some kind of bird but who knows!

7 comments:

Sara :-) said...

don't you just love it when you have a great time and it was totally spontaneous! I love that my kids are getting older and we can do fun things together! I'm sure you do to... :)

Rob and Toni said...

I love free! We have yet to go to a Roadrunner's game :) I guess we should. Anyways, Gina Jacobs was out of town until today (wed) so I e-mailed her and then I will also do an annoying follow up call to make sure she got the e-mail :) I will let you know. I have talked to two separate girls that preferred the first group of clinicals.

Rob and Toni said...

Okay so we are in the same clinical group at Red Cliffs and also the same lab group which is A. She said that the next semesters we might not be in the same lab groups/clinicals :( I wish they could make it that way. Anyways she said that in a bout a week and a half that she would be e-mailing our schedules to us.

Marianne said...

Darcy, cute family! This will be a fun way to keep up with each other! Thanks for finding me :)

AmbertheGreat said...

sounds like a fun night - free stuff is great and i love shopping at the thrift stores!

levilacyeaston said...

Uh, weird creature running around there. I have no idea what it is. Sounds like a ton of fun though! I miss you guys so much. Only a few more weeks and we will be together again. YEA!!! Give your kids squeezes from me.

Rob and Toni said...

Yeah we will be pretty busy until we get the hang of it for sure! Keep up the positive reinforcements on the program...I need it! I guess I'm more nervous than excited right now...lots of changes. Anywho talk to ya soon!

Parker-6, Hailey-8, Thatcher-10

Parker-6, Hailey-8, Thatcher-10
AND THEN THERE'S...

Kennedy-2!!

Kennedy-2!!